This agreement is in effect as of Nov 17, 2014.
We reserve the right to change this User Agreement from time to time without notice. You acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to review this User Agreement periodically to familiarize yourself with any modifications. Your continued use of this site after such modifications will constitute acknowledgment and agreement of the modified terms and conditions.
Responsible Use and Conduct
By visiting our website and accessing the information, resources, services, products, and tools we provide for you, either directly or indirectly (hereafter referred to as ‘Resources’), you agree to use these Resources only for the purposes intended as permitted by (a) the terms of this User Agreement, and (b) applicable laws, regulations and generally accepted online practices or guidelines.
Wherein, you understand that:
a. In order to access our Resources, you may be required to provide certain information about yourself (such as identification, contact details, etc.) as part of the registration process, or as part of your ability to use the Resources. You agree that any information you provide will always be accurate, correct, and up to date.
b. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any login information associated with any account you use to access our Resources. Accordingly, you are responsible for all activities that occur under your account/s.
c. Accessing (or attempting to access) any of our Resources by any means other than through the means we provide, is strictly prohibited. You specifically agree not to access (or attempt to access) any of our Resources through any automated, unethical or unconventional means.
d. Engaging in any activity that disrupts or interferes with our Resources, including the servers and/or networks to which our Resources are located or connected, is strictly prohibited.
e. Attempting to copy, duplicate, reproduce, sell, trade, or resell our Resources is strictly prohibited.
f. You are solely responsible any consequences, losses, or damages that we may directly or indirectly incur or suffer due to any unauthorized activities conducted by you, as explained above, and may incur criminal or civil liability.
g. We may provide various open communication tools on our website, such as blog comments, blog posts, public chat, forums, message boards, newsgroups, product ratings and reviews, various social media services, etc. You understand that generally we do not pre-screen or monitor the content posted by users of these various communication tools, which means that if you choose to use these tools to submit any type of content to our website, then it is your personal responsibility to use these tools in a responsible and ethical manner. By posting information or otherwise using any open communication tools as mentioned, you agree that you will not upload, post, share, or otherwise distribute any content that:
i. Is illegal, threatening, defamatory, abusive, harassing, degrading, intimidating, fraudulent, deceptive, invasive, racist, or contains any type of suggestive, inappropriate, or explicit language;
ii. Infringes on any trademark, patent, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary right of any party;
Iii. Contains any type of unauthorized or unsolicited advertising;
Iiii. Impersonates any person or entity, including any www.aimmedia.com employees or representatives.
We have the right at our sole discretion to remove any content that, we feel in our judgment does not comply with this User Agreement, along with any content that we feel is otherwise offensive, harmful, objectionable, inaccurate, or violates any 3rd party copyrights or trademarks. We are not responsible for any delay or failure in removing such content. If you post content that we choose to remove, you hereby consent to such removal, and consent to waive any claim against us.
i. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Active Interest Media and its parent company and affiliates, and their directors, officers, managers, employees, donors, agents, and licensors, from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from any violation of this User Agreement or the failure to fulfill any obligations relating to your account incurred by you or any other person using your account. We reserve the right to take over the exclusive defense of any claim for which we are entitled to indemnification under this User Agreement. In such event, you shall provide us with such cooperation as is reasonably requested by us.
GENERAL TERMS and CONDITIONS
2) Sharing of a SNEWS® and/or Law Review subscription by any format — email forwarding, print, fax, or sharing passwords — is NEVER permitted without the prior written permission from the publishers. SNEWS® reserves the right to immediately terminate a subscription and retain the unused portion of the subscription payment if we discover a subscription is being shared in any manner. If you are not a subscriber and are reading SNEWS® either online or via a printed version, you are reading an illegal copy of SNEWS®. To obtain your own subscription, simply go to www.snewsnet.com and click on Subscribe Now for detailed subscription information.
4) Limitations on Use. The Content on this Web Site is for your personal use only and not for commercial exploitation. Notwithstanding the foregoing, to the extent this Web Site provides electronic commerce, such buying opportunities may be made available for group as well as personal purchasing, so long as you are authorized to make purchases on behalf of such group. You may not decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, rent, lease, loan, sell, sublicense, or create derivative works from this Web Site or the Content. Nor may you use any network monitoring or discovery software to determine the site architecture, or extract information about usage, individual identities or users. You may not use any robot, spider, other automatic software or device, or manual process to monitor or copy our Web Site or the Content without Provider’s prior written permission. You may not copy, modify, reproduce, republish, distribute, display, or transmit for commercial, non-profit or public purposes all or any portion of this Web Site, except to the extent permitted above. You may not use or otherwise export or re-export this Web Site or any portion thereof, or the Content in violation of the export control laws and regulations of the United States of America. Any unauthorized use of this Web Site or its Content is prohibited.
7) License of Your Content to Provider. By uploading content to or submitting any materials for use on this Web Site, you grant (or warrant that the owner of such rights has expressly granted) Provider a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license, with right to sublicense, to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, publicly perform, publicly display, digitally display and digitally perform, translate, create derivative works from and distribute such materials or incorporate such materials into any form, medium, or technology now known or later developed throughout the universe. You agree that you shall have no recourse against Provider for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your communications to us.
8) No Solicitation. You shall not distribute on or through this Web Site any content or material containing any advertising, promotion, solicitation for goods, services or funds or solicitation for others to become members of any enterprise or organization without the express written permission of the Provider. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in any interactive areas of this Web Site, where appropriate you a) may list along with your name, address and email address, your own web site’s URL and b) may recommend third party Web sites, goods or services so long as you have no financial interest in and receive no direct or indirect benefit from such recommended Web site, product or service or its recommendation. In no event may any person or entity solicit anyone with data retrieved from this Web Site.
9) Advertisers. This Web Site may contain advertising and sponsorship. Advertisers and sponsors are responsible for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on this Web Site is accurate and complies with applicable laws. Provider will not be responsible for the illegality of or any error or inaccuracy in advertisers’ or sponsors’ materials or for the acts or omissions of advertisers and sponsors.
10) Registration. Certain sections of this Web Site require you to register. If registration is requested, you agree to provide Provider with accurate and complete registration information. It is your responsibility to inform Provider of any changes to that information. Each registration is for a single individual only, unless specifically designated otherwise on the registration page. Provider does not permit a) anyone other than you to use the sections requiring registration by using your name or password; or b) access through a single name being made available to multiple users on a network or otherwise. You are responsible for preventing such unauthorized use. If you believe there has been unauthorized use, you must notify Provider immediately by emailing email@example.com.
11) Postings in interactive areas of the Web Site.
a) Postings to be Lawful. If you participate in interactive areas on this Web Site, you shall not post, publish, upload or distribute any messages, data, information, text, graphics, links or other material (“Postings”) which is unlawful or abusive in any way, including but not limited to any Postings that are defamatory, libelous, pornographic, obscene, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, inclusive of hate speech, or would constitute or encourage a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party, or give rise to liability or violate any local, state, federal or international law, or the regulations of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, any rules of any securities exchange such as the New York Stock Exchange, the American Stock Exchange, or the NASDAQ, either intentionally or unintentionally. Provider may delete your Posting at any time for any reason without permission from you.
b) Postings to be in Your Name. Your Postings shall be accompanied by your real name and shall not be posted anonymously. Participants in interactive areas shall not misrepresent their identity or their affiliation with any person or entity.
d) Non-Commercial Use only of Interactive Areas. Any interactive area of this Web Site is provided solely for your personal use. As a participant, you shall not include in your Posting(s) or otherwise distribute on or through this Web Site any content or material containing any advertising, promotion, solicitation for goods, services or funds or solicitation for anyone to become members of any commercial enterprise or organization without the express written permission of the Provider. Any unauthorized use of any interactive area of this Web Site, its Content or Postings is expressly prohibited.
12) Errors and Corrections. Provider does not represent or warrant that this Web Site or the Content will be error-free, free of viruses or other harmful components, or that defects will be corrected or that it will always be accessible. Provider does not warrant or represent that the Content available on or through this Web Site will be correct, accurate, timely, or otherwise reliable. Provider may make improvements and/or changes to its features, functionality or Content at any time.
13) Third Party Content. Third party content may appear on this Web Site or may be accessible via links from this Web Site. Provider shall not be responsible for and assumes no liability for any infringement, mistakes, misstatements of law, defamation, slander, libel, omissions, falsehood, obscenity, pornography or profanity in the statements, opinions, representations or any other form of content contained in any third party content appearing on this Web Site. You understand that the information and opinions in the third party content is neither endorsed by nor does it reflect the belief of Provider.
14) Attorney Ethics Notice. If you are an attorney participating in any aspect of this Web Site, including but not limited to message boards, chat rooms or email forums, you acknowledge that the Rules of Professional Conduct of the jurisdictions where you are licensed (“Rules”) apply to all aspects of your participation and that you will abide by these Rules. These Rules include, but are not limited to, the rules relating to advertising, solicitation of clients, unauthorized practice of law, and misrepresentations of fact. Provider disclaims all responsibility for your compliance with these Rules. You further agree and acknowledge that when you participate in any chat area on this Web Site, including but not limited to the message boards, that you will not offer legal advice, but will only provide general information.
22) Supplemental Terms.
b) Additional Terms for SNEWS® Services. Your use of the SNEWS online services, case law, legal forms and other related legal materials (“SNEWS Services”) is also governed by the General Terms and Conditions for Use of the SNEWS® Services, and if applicable the SNEWS® Services Supplemental Terms for Specific Materials, (collectively the “SNEWS® Services Terms”) which are provided during the registration process for these SNEWS® Services, all of which are incorporated by reference herein. Your completion of the SNEWS® Services subscription registration process constitutes your acceptance of the Services Terms. If you do not agree with any Services Terms, you are not permitted to access the SNEWS® Services.
PERMITTED USES; RESTRICTIONS ON USE
Materials available in this Web site are protected by copyright law. Copyright © 2016 Active Interest Media. SNEWS® consists of GearTrends® print publications available electronically, www.geartrends.com, www.snewsnet.com, eFitBiz, and the SNEWS® Law Review. All rights reserved. No part of the materials including graphics or logos, available in this Web site may be copied, photocopied, reproduced, translated or reduced to any electronic medium or machine-readable form, in whole or in part, without specific permission (to request permission to use materials, continue to our Permission Request Form). Distribution for commercial purposes is prohibited.
DISCLAIMER — Legal Information pertaining to the SNEWS® Law Review and SNEWS® content where legal reporting is provided.
December 21, 2007
SNEWS® and its agents, employees and contractors are information providers. The legal information provided herein in is for information only and should not be followed without a review by your personal or business attorney. SNEWS®, its agents, employees and contractors make every effort to insure the information provided herein is accurate, however, the law changes by jurisdiction, between states. SNEWS® cannot be held responsible for the legal accuracy of the information provided. no attorney-client relationship is formed, nor is anything submitted to this Web Site treated as confidential
The accuracy, completeness, adequacy or currency of the Content is not warranted or guaranteed. Your use of Content on this Web Site or materials linked from this Web Site is at your own risk.
The information contained in this web site, and its associated web sites, including but not limited to SNEWSnet..com, GearTrends.com, Outdoorlawreview.com, Fitnesslawreview.com and LawQuarterly.com, is provided as a service to to our subscribers and the internet community, and does not constitute legal advice. We try to provide quality information, but we make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to this web site and its associated sites. As legal advice must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case, and laws are constantly changing, nothing provided herein should be used as a substitute for the advice of competent counsel. If you need to review the information contained on this site, do so with an attorney who is licensed in your state and familiar with the legal issues and activities you undertake. If you need an attorney, see our list of attorneys at: www.snewsnet.com/cgi-bin/snews/law_review/Attorney_Directory.html
DISCLAIMER – SNEWS® View opinion
January 1, 2006
SNEWS® and its agents, employees and contractors are information providers. We are also acknowledged experts in the outdoor and fitness markets. We have been known since our electronic launch in 2002 for our opinion and expert analysis. You acknowledge that all content included under the SNEWS® View heading in any content is strictly the opinion of the authors of the article and SNEWS®.
You also acknowledge that SNEWS® encourages debate and discourse and has provided a means for you to disagree with any SNEWS® article and/or opinon voiced in the SNEWS® View within the SNEWS® Chat section that appears at the end of every article.
December 21, 2007
SNEWS® endeavors to correct errors within its reported stories promptly and prominently. Errors perceived to be contained within reported stories should be brought to our attention immediately by calling us at (530) 268-8295 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You acknowledge that any request for a correction in SNEWS® content must be submitted in writing by email only, and that SNEWS® will investigate all claims regarding perceived errors before making a correction and, if a correction is needed, SNEWS® will determine the best method for addressing that correction. Requests for corrections need to be accompanied with evidence supporting the claim of an error. Requests for corrections made by fax are not accepted. All requests for corrections made by phone will require factual evidence be submitted by email or if we request it, mail before the correction will be considered.
ABOUT SNEWS® SUBSCRIPTION RATES AND POLICIES
December 21, 2007
Specialty News (SNEWS®) is a Web-based, subscription-only ,
insider voice and news service published for subscribers only at www.snewsnet.com. SNEWS® is updated as important news breaks with weekly email SNEWS® News Digests sent to subscriber emails. Individual subscriptions are $195. Group subscription rates at $130 per subscriber. Flat-rate company subscriptions are $2,400 with no limit on the number of subscribers. Contact the SNEWS® sales offices by email at email@example.com for more information. .
Limitation of Warranties
By using our website, you understand and agree that all Resources we provide are “as is” and “as available”. This means that we do not represent or warrant to you that:
i) the use of our Resources will meet your needs or requirements.
ii) the use of our Resources will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or free from errors.
iii) the information obtained by using our Resources will be accurate or reliable, and
iv) any defects in the operation or functionality of any Resources we provide will be repaired or corrected.
Furthermore, you understand and agree that:
v) any content downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of our Resources is done at your own discretion and risk, and that you are solely responsible for any damage to your computer or other devices for any loss of data that may result from the download of such content.
vi) no information or advice, whether expressed, implied, oral or written, obtained by you from Active Interest Media or through any Resources we provide shall create any warranty, guarantee, or conditions of any kind, except for those expressly outlined in this User Agreement.
Limitation of Liability
In conjunction with the Limitation of Warranties as explained above, you expressly understand and agree that any claim against us shall be limited to the amount you paid, if any, for use of products and/or services. Active Interest Media will not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or exemplary loss or damages which may be incurred by you as a result of using our Resources, or as a result of any changes, data loss or corruption, cancellation, loss of access, or downtime to the full extent that applicable limitation of liability laws apply.
All content and materials available on www.snewsnet.com, including but not limited to text, graphics, website name, code, images and logos are the intellectual property of Active Interest Media, and are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law. Any inappropriate use, including but not limited to the reproduction, distribution, display or transmission of any content on this site is strictly prohibited, unless specifically authorized by Active Interest Media.
Termination of Use
You agree that we may, at our sole discretion, suspend or terminate your access to all or part of our website and Resources with or without notice and for any reason, including, without limitation, breach of this User Agreement. Any suspected illegal, fraudulent or abusive activity may be grounds for terminating your relationship and may be referred to appropriate law enforcement authorities. Upon suspension or termination, your right to use the Resources we provide will immediately cease, and we reserve the right to remove or delete any information that you may have on file with us, including any account or login information.
This website is controlled by Active Interest Media from our offices located in the state of CA, USA. It can be accessed by most countries around the world. As each country has laws that may differ from those of CA, by accessing our website, you agree that the statutes and laws of CA, without regard to the conflict of laws and the United Nations Convention on the International Sales of Goods, will apply to all matters relating to the use of this website and the purchase of any products or services through this site.
Furthermore, any action to enforce this User Agreement shall be brought in the federal or state courts located in USA, CA You hereby agree to personal jurisdiction by such courts, and waive any jurisdictional, venue, or inconvenient forum objections to such courts.
UNLESS OTHERWISE EXPRESSED, Active Interest Media EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
If you have any questions or comments about these our Terms of Service as outlined above, you can contact us at:
Active Interest Media
300 N. Continental Blvd
El Segundo, CA 90245